Wednesday 28 March 2007

Sun, seeds and studying

The weather forecast keeps telling us every night that there is going to be rain in Cyprus, don't know if that's wishful thinking on the part of the Cypriots, along the lines of if we say it enough it will happen. It's barely rained at all. Which is just as well really because this weekend is the start of the summer visiting programme. My brother in law, his wife and their two kids arrive for a week or so on Saturday, followed by, a couple of days after they leave, my Mam and Dad. It's about now that Jo starts manically cleaning and tidying althought everything is already tidy and clean !!!! That combined with a new shift pattern (which I can't complain about cos I drew it up), studying for the RHS exams and putting together my plant portfolio (for the design part which needs to be in by April 20th) means that the next few weeks are going to be fairly hectic in the Reed household. So when I've written this I'm going to sit in the garden and do nowt !!!
On the gardening front, not much is happening as I wait for the seeds I sowed at the weekend to germinate - generally the other stuff that already out is just growing as it does. The few plants I thought would struggle on the water front are struggling but I guess it's no surprise !!

3 comments:

wren said...

Blimey... you need a holiday in the sun! How's about Cyprus???? ;-)

terrace max said...

Found me that smallholding yet Reedos? My budget is < £30000. 2 acres and a secure cellar for the kids please.

redimp said...

I'm just gonna squat in married quarters Max - and find a bit of unused scrub and start growing on that - t'will be just like getting a new lotty.

Away the lads Andy :o)