Monday 12 March 2007

Home Newcastle

And before you all start bursting into song with the immortal "Busker" lyrics, it's only for a week or so to sort out some work stuff back home.Be back in the UK from Wednesday, I've dug out my wooly jumpers!!! I'm looking forward to having a few beers with some of my mates and generally visiting a few people who I wasn't expecting to see again until summer.
Spring has most definately sprung here, it's been noticeably warmer during the day - to the extent that I was pootling about shirtless today - and we haven't needed the fire in the evenings. It's been a long week at work, was on for 7 days, but now am off until I come back from Newcastle. So today have been making full use of the sun and have been out planting stuff. I've found a nursery in Paralimni, which is great, I bought some strawberries, lettuce, cukes and aubergines plants for about tuppence ha'penny along with a lemon (£4) and a pomegranite tree (£4) so am well pleased. So today they were either stuck in the ground or potted on. I then went upstairs onto Mattie's balcony - which has become my seedling factory and spent a pleasant hour or so pricking out - and yep I said pleasant, it's so much more fun when the sun is shining !! Tomorrow it'll be more seed sowing and probably some more pricking out - unless I get the urge to go back to the nursery.
Over the weekend we bought a ginormous barbeque - it's a cheating one cos it's gas fired mind - I don't think there's enough lighter fuel to get one this big going - you can fit a whole cow on it !!! We tested it yesterday and I think Mattie did actually eat a whole cow - he is his father's son...Sam picked at things and said what's this green stuff or it's a bit burnt - that's all down to his Mam LOL.

6 comments:

teatree said...

don't for get yer thermals tis a bit bleak oooop north lololol

Reedos said...

I'm gonna have to borrow some - they're all in long term storage!!!

wren said...

It's a bootiful day, yer Noodle!!! Shove yer swimmies in! You're a big tough Viking, us saxons have been swimming in the sea for agggeessss!!!!

Reedos said...

And look what's happened - it's made you all wrinkly !!!!LOL
And swimmies what are they - rub on a bit seal blubber and yer laughing.

redimp said...

How does the missus feel about the seal blubber????? And you can bog off back to Cyprus and take this crap weather with you :lol:

wren said...

Soooooo mr reedos!! I think you are misrepresenting your blog! Cos you're not in Cyprus, are you... soo neeeerr! ;-P