Monday 26 March 2007

Cypriot summertime

Yesterday the clocks went forward, the same as in the UK and we forgot, spent at least half the day in a minor timewarp, however it's all sorted now - and to my surprise it's meant that this morning it was still dark when we got up !!! It was a beautiful hot sunny day yesterday - a walking Charlie topless kind of day (that's me not Jo !!). Spring is definitely here, when out on the bondu it's obvious that more and more wild flowers are coming into bloom everyday. In the garden things are realy starting to put some growth on too, the first tomatoes I planted are now about 18 inches tall and have their first flower trusses, the gazanias are starting to flower together rather than just one at a time, the sweetpeas starting to climb the wigwams. I've out up a trelis at the back up which I hope some everlasting sweetpeas (courtesy of Windy) will grow and I've planted out the pansies I sowed months ago. The citrus I bought were looking a bit unloved in the beds so I've dug them up, given them some fresh compost and some food and put them back into big pots. Jo wanted some hydrangeas that she saw in a garden centre - so they are in big pots too, very pretty they are but they are going to need loads of water to keep them happy. On that score I've put a bin by the back door into which all the washing up water goes and I'm using that to fill me watering can for watering the shrubs. It can be a bit like "It's a Knockout" getting the water there especially if Patrick is under your feet !!!! Speaking of Patrick he is now less of a cat - but he doesn't seem to be holding that against me.
I just about finished sowing all my flower seeds yesterday as well as some lettuce (ta Flo), still got sweetcorn and some beans to sow but there's plenty of time for them yet. The snails are still feasting on the lettuce I bought, but only the green Cos types at the minute, they seem to be leaving the red frilly stuff alone, they don't seem to like Kio or at least they aren't leaping into the beer traps like the slugs did at home !!!

7 comments:

terrace max said...

I was proud of me 3 incher, but you had to weigh in with an 18 incher. Typical.

teatree said...

Wren will be along soon and have something wonderfully witty to say coz I'm struggling lolol !!!!!!!!

still giggling at Mr Imp though, eck I need smilies!

wren said...

3 inches is perfectly respectable Mr Max... Andy's just showing off is all... typical blinkin viking, if you ask me...!
Off to annoy Impy!! WHOOHOOO!!

terrace max said...

Thanks for your support Wren. Talking of which, I bet Reedos's is all floppy, compared to my sturdy specemin.

terrace max said...

Specimen??

Reedos said...

Tomato envy gets you nowhere Max LOL

teatree said...

I need shocked smilies.........I know I'm going on but I DO NEED SMILIES!!!!!!!!