Sunday 4 February 2007

As night follows day

So pricking out follows seeds germinating. If seeing the seeds poke up their little heads sends me all of a quiver, then pricking them out fills me with dread - it's the only gardening job I truly hate doing - and tend to leave it until the seedlings are just about screaming at me to let them out and give them some space. But today I sat in the sun in the backyard (it's so much easier when the sun is shining - but then most things are) - pricking out tagetes (courtesy of Windy & MB), chilli's (BP & Flo), toms (Dom) & lavender (Icy) . This was after finishing lifting the concrete on the other side of the house and digging over the prospective beds. The soil is either all chalky or about 10 feet away sand - several trips to the stables beckon !!! Basil and thyme seeds were also sown today.
The drought was broken yesterday - it rained for 24 hours solid, rivers broke their banks, roads were flooded, people stranded - but my raised beds stayed where they were supposed LOL. I was planning on doing all todays work yesterday, but because of the rain - went to get my haircut instead - now normally I wouldn't mention something so mundane, but it was fantastic. went to some place in the Turkish half of Nicosia, they shaved me, gave me a head, neck and face massage, a cup of coffee, washed and cut my hair all for £7 - I don't think I've ever been quite so pampered !!!

It's been a good weekend !!!

No comments: