Sunday 11 February 2007

Home alone

Well Kind of....Jo has gone off to Damascus for the weekend with the girls shopping, taking in the culture, shopping !!! So it's me and the boys slobbing around eating pizza, watching rugby and football without a whinge, life is good LOL.
Well like I said last time, the drought was broken, apparently we had all February's rain in three days, but the reservoirs are still half full (or half empty depending on you view on life) and water rationing in the summer is still a distinct possibility.
However conveniently ignoring that possibility my planting, sowing, growing and building goes on apace. I found a garden centre in Paralimni this week which is the best one I've found here yet. Bought a mandarin, a pomelo, some gazanias, some seeds and some osteospernum's all for under £20, also found a wood yard there - so now have built some more raised beds to put things in.
Garlic has been planted outside, carrot seeds have been sown in one of the raised beds and I've planted out some Green Zebra toms that I sowed before X-mas, I've scattered some poppy, nigella and calendula seeds on a piece of land I'm not really going to be working this year as the soil is really really crap - and will see what happens. Off to do some more pricking out, if anybody is reading this see you later.

2 comments:

welsh girls allotment said...

I'm reading - and I've linked on my blog !!

teatree said...

well I'm reading your blog! Now don't forget to take piccies in Jordan for us all to see x