Monday 9 April 2007

Feeling ancient !!!

My little boy is 8 today - how did that happen ??? I'm only 26 how can he be 8 ??? Up at the crack of dawn today, bounced awake my Mattie, desperate to come downstairs and open his presents. It's great to see him so excited, he even went to bed early last night so that his birthday would come quicker.
It's been a busy week with visitors to entertain, they left on Saturday - the next ones come on Thursday, gives us a few days to put the house back together after the whirlwind effect of 4 small boys (and assorted friends) running in and out of the house. I've done 3 of the 4 test papers I need to do, hope to do the last one tonight, then I've only two trees, 5 perennials, and 3 bulbs to do for the plant portfolio. I've done all the drawings I need so that helps. With a bit of luck I should be able to get it all packaged and send off to the college before Mam and Dad arrive. :-)
In the garden I've planted out some more tomatoes, put up another wigwam and planted out some cukes to grow up it, and planted out a courgette, I'm not certain that the snails won't get it so I've sown some more just in case.The sweetpeas have just started to flower, they are still quite small, I'm hoping that they grow up the wigwams a bit more. Out back , the big citrus is absolutely covered in blossom, releasing a very strong scent that I'm not sure whether I like or not. The fields where I walk Charlie are ablaze with colour, they are like cornfields as you imagine them, yellow, blue and red flowers intermingled with the grasses. When I remember my camera I'll take a picture. To the back of the field there is a tree covered in purple blossom, I think it's a Judas tree - I'm going to explore further later, whatever it is it's lovely. Cistus are also growing wild and starting to flower on the bondu.
The only problem with the weather warming up is that the snakes have started to come out, saw one about 6 feet long the other day just sunning itself by the bushes, fortunately it saw me and slithered off before Charlie saw it - he is stupid enough to go "dancing" around them barking. Only a couple of them are poisonous, but I'm not planning on going up and asking them whether they are the poisonous ones or not so am just going to try to avoid them all. We have been given some medicine to inject into the pets should they be bitten mind - enough to keep them alive until we get to the vet !!!!!

No comments: