Sunday 19 August 2007

Back from holiday and need a rest

The title says it all, back in sunny Cyprus after two weeks in not so sunny Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and we've all pretty much slept and done nowt since we got back !!
To all those we saw - it was good to see you, to all those we didn't well there's always next time.

Arrived home to find all the toms dead and the chilli's gasping for water - they've had some and have perked up no end. The tomatoes are in the compost bins. As part of the "lets see what I can grow at strange times of the year" experiment - I've sown tomatoes, tomatillos, cucumbers, chives, carrots, courgettes, snake gourds and a whole bunch of annual flowers. We'll see how they go - I might have tomatoes at Christmas, who knows. And over the next couple of weeks I'll be back up to the stables to get more manure to improve the soil. I've written July and August off as productive moths - it's just too bloody hot, or more accurately it's too difficult to keep it all watered.
I returned home with a load of diving gear - it's being tested at the diving gear testing shop (run by diver Dave) to make sure I won't drown whilst using it. Hopefully I'll get out this week.
It's time to start studying again - this time learning how to draw stuff for the design part of the course - this is much more fun than plant physiology I can tell you. Intermediate Greek lessons in September and the FA course to do as well so busy busy busy.

No comments: