Thursday 12 July 2007

Life has.......

.........kind of settled down a bit, and I know I said it last last time I will do this more often - OK Teatree ??

Well what's happened in the last month or so. Seeing as how this was a gardening thingy in the first place I'll start with the garden. Things are very hot, the kind of hot where you get sweaty, have a shower and can't get dried again,, anyway it doesn't do much for the garden !!! Coupled with the fact that the Garrison has unilaterally declared a hosepipe ban (the Cypriots use water like there's no tomorrow). It's an effort to keep things green, but I knew it was going to be like this. The tomatoes are doing really well, I've been feeding them to half the street, the pot marigolds, marigolds and have just gone over, but I've got some more almost ready for planting out. The chilli's are doing really well, but just about everything else is struggling. Think I'm going to have to ignore the hosepipe ban or give up during July and August.
We went to Disneyland Paris for a weekend, it was my Mam's 60th and Mam and Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary so with one of my brothers his wife and their two kids off (and Mam and Dad) off to Paris we trooped. We had a lovely time, the kids especially. After a brief stop back here (two days) I jetted back to the UK to do the RHS exam - I think it went OK, results sometime in September.
Since coming back I've started and will complete tomorrow, my PADI open water diving course, it'll mean I can go out independently from the dive shops. I've not managed to drown so far so that's good, and it's opened up a whole range of stuff and gadgets to look at. I should be getting a disc soon so I'll post some pics when I get it.
The football coaching bloke rang yesterday, the assessor is back in August for a support day, I'll miss cos I'm back in UK for my cousins wedding, he's coming back at the back end of November for final assessments. I'm going to have to find a team to coach, but I maybe helping out with the Army team later this month.
Oh and I occasionally go to work!!!! Where I've managed to rescue 4 dogs and a kitten since I was last on. The dogs have found homes, the kitten which currently has no name is here, as long as it has no name we can pretend it's not moving in !!!

No comments: